Discussion paper: – Financial Instruments with Characteristics of Equity
International Accounting Standards Board (IASB) has published for comment Discussion Paper DP/2018/1 Financial Instruments with Characteristics of Equity on 28 July 2018
The proposed discussion papers refine/clarify to improve the information companies provide in their financial statements about financial instruments they have issued, by:
- Investigating challenges with the classification of financial instruments applying IAS 32 Financial Instruments: Presentation; and
- Considering how to address those challenges through clearer principles for classification and enhanced requirements for presentation and disclosure.
Accounting and Auditing Board of Ethiopia (AABE) encourage you to read the discussion paper and provide your comments on the proposals.
AABE is committed to adopting quality international standards. Generally, once a standard has been issued by IASB, AABE then issues the standard for reporting entities under its jurisdiction. Issues of concern by Ethiopian Stakeholder can be taken into accounts through actively involving in commenting on Discussion Papers and Exposure Drafts. Moreover, you will keep informed yourselves through reading with the new updates of international standards.
Therefore, this is opportunity to comment on the proposed future standard to be issued by IASB and to be adopted by AABE.
You can access the Discussion document
If you are familiar with Ethiopian specific matters, send your comments – both formal and informal – by December 7, 2018 to AABE address as follows:
Accounting and Financial Reporting Directorate
Accounting and Auditing Board of Ethiopia
P.O. Box 80263
6 kilo Madagascar Street
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
AABE also encourage you to send comments directly to the IASB, by January 7/2019 and we will be glad if you send us the copy.
You can email your comments to the IASB email@example.com or electronically using ‘comment on a proposal’ page on the http://www.ifrs.org/open-to-comment/Pages/International-Accounting-Standards-Board-Open-to-Comment.aspx . For your information you need to register as an eIFRS basic subscriber to submit comment.
- AABE would appreciate receiving a copy of your comment in Microsoft word format if electronically
- Please do not forget to provide on behalf of whom you are commenting
- AABE publish all comments it receive on its website (unless the comments are damaging the good reputation of anyone or the commenter request not to). You are encouraged to specify part of your comment that you would like to withhold from being publicized.